Our History

 Grace Presbyterian Church started in 1989 as a church plant via our sister church, Evangelical Presbyterian Church (PCA). In 1994, we became a particular church in the Presbyterian Church in America denomination and began operating under our own Session. In 1995 we purchased land in Lake Suzy, Florida which is located just a few miles into Desoto County. We were soon able to begin building and in 1996 we moved into our current location. Pastor Sammie M. Brooks faithfully taught and preached God’s Word from 1990-2015.

We are grateful for the solid leadership of our Session during our pastoral search, and look forward to the faithful ministry of Pastor David L. Stewart, who was called to be our pastor in 2015.

 

From www.pcanet.org

The Presbyterian Church in America has a strong commitment to evangelism, missionary work at home and abroad, and to Christian education. From its inception, the church has determined its purpose to be “faithful to the Scriptures, true to the reformed faith, and obedient to the Great Commission.”  The PCA has made a firm commitment on the doctrinal standards which had been significant in presbyterianism since 1645, namely the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms. These doctrinal standards express the distinctives of the Calvinistic or Reformed tradition.